9. Battery information

background image

9. Battery information

This device has an internal, nonremovable, rechargeable battery. Do not attempt
to remove the battery from the device as you may damage the device. The battery
can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out.
Recharge your battery only with Nokia approved chargers designated for this
device. Use of an unapproved charger may present a risk of fire, explosion,
leakage, or other hazard.

If a battery is being used for the first time or if the battery has not been used for a
prolonged period, it may be necessary to connect the charger, then disconnect
and reconnect it to begin charging the battery. If the battery is completely
discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator appears on
the display.

Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when not in use. Do
not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, since overcharging may
shorten its lifetime. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over
time.

Always try to keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). Extreme
temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. A device with a hot
or cold battery may not work temporarily. Battery performance is particularly
limited in temperatures well below freezing.

Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Batteries may also
explode if damaged.

Never use any charger that is damaged.

background image

C a r e a n d m a i n t e n a n c e

50